What You Need:
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey (save yourself about 15-20% in calories)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 container of your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup of water
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 3 12″ flour tortillas, halved and cut into 1″ strips
- 1 cup shredded cheese (can be 2% milk for less calories)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
What You Do:
- In a large skillet, start browning the turkey or beef. Do not add any extra oil or butter.
- Drain the meat once it isn’t mostly pink anymore.
- Stir in the water, salsa, beans, and taco seasoning.
- Cook for ~5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Lower heat and stir in tortilla strips. Cook over low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Remove skillet from heat, and let cheese melt.
- Add in the sour cream and green onions. Stir and make sure all the flavors are mixed well together for deliciousness!