What You Need:
- 1 lb. Brussell Sprouts (take them stems off)
- 1 lemon
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- 1/2 Large White Onion
- Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta-cheese
- sea salt and black pepper
What You Do:
- Preheat boiler. Place brussels in a large quart boiler over medium high heat with 1/2 cup of water, the squeezed lemon juice (all of it, please), and a bit of salt to taste.
- Bring the brussels to simmer, cover, and let cook for ~10 minutes.
- Drain and cut each sprout in half.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp and the whole house smells delicious.
- Add in the chopped onion and sautee. Add the mustard, wine, and stir it all up.
- Finally, add in the brussells and sautee some more (~5 minutes).
- Stir in the cheese and add the pepper.
- Transfer everything back to the boiler, and broil for about 1 minute, until the sprouts are slightly browned.
- If you serve this in about 1/2 cup portions, you’re looking at an uniquely yummy breakfast at about 80 calories! Aren’t you glad you didn’t go to Denny’s?