What You Need:
- Carrots ~2 lbs
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (skim milk doesn’t work too well on this; 2% or whole only)
- Saltine Crumbs ~ 1 cup
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cayenne Pepper
What Yo Do:
- Cut carrots into 1/4″ inch circles.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat casserole dish with butter or cooking spray
- Boil carrots in salted water – boil and bring down heat, cooking the carrots till they’re super-tender. This takes ~15-20 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and puree them in a food processor.
- Transfer the carrots into a bowl and mix with milk. Crumble the saltine crackers in and add the cheese, butter, onion, and cayenne pepper. You can also add in black pepper (I like to). Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Beat/Whisk the 3 eggs until it’s all foamy. Then fold the eggs into the carrot mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil (middle rack, btw) – Broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove immediately – Now you have a super yummy and healthy casserole!