Photos submitted by Bryan Dixon!
What You Need:
- 8 tablespoons/1 stick of softened (room temp) unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk (can be whole or 2% or 1%…but skim milk will make these watery [icky])
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What You Do:
- Put on your baking apron to look cute (guys included)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease a muffin tin or line the cups with paper liners – personally I find paper liners easier to work with
- Cream the butter until a smooth batter with a mixer. Since you’re about to eat some cupcakes, really going at it with a hand mixer couldn’t hurt you ;)
- Add 1 cup of the sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt into the mix.
- In a bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries (note, that’s not all your berries, just SOME of the berries!) and add to the mix
- If you have an electric mixer, run it at low speed and add 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, and mix. If you’re cheap like me, work with your hands.
- Then fold in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon to make your yummy topping.
- Fill each of the muffin cups in your tin-pan 3/4 full
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins
- Bake until golden brown and risen – about 25 to 30 minutes
- Let the super yummy muffins cool for about 30 minutes before you turn them out and share with your friends (or you don’t have to share…)!