This delicious recipe was submitted by Jenny Travens. Chocolate and goji taste great together. The dark chocolate lends a sweetness to the tart Goji flavor. You can customize this in many ways to make it your own.
What You Need:
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 2 Tbsp. goji berries
- 2 Tbsp. chopped nuts (see suggestions below)
- ¼ to ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract (to taste)
What You Do:
- Line a cookie tray or baking dish with parchment paper. You can make your bark as thin or thick as you want it to be, but keep in mind the thicker it is, the longer it needs to set.
- Break the dark chocolate into smaller pieces and melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. (If you don’t own a double boiler, you can use a heat-proof bowl in a large pan of boiling water.)
- Stir continuously until the dark chocolate is fully melted and there are no chunks left.
- Add vanilla and stir the chocolate mixture well.
- Carefully pour chocolate mixture onto your parchment paper.
- Top chocolate with goji berries, nuts, and any other additives you want.
- Refrigerate the chocolate for 30 minutes or so, depending on how thick the chocolate mixture is spread. It will be set when it’s hard and doesn’t indent when you touch it.
- Cut the chocolate into serving sizes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.