Thank you Sweet-D for the inspiration!
What You Need:
- 1 16 oz. extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil (or whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, or baking soda, or baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- cayenne pepper
What You Do:
- Cut tofu into 1/2″ slices or whatever bite-sizes you’d like
- Marinate the tofu in the vegetable broth for however long you’d like (depends on how fast you want this done, but past a few minutes it doesn’t matter)
- Add remaining ingredients in another bowl – This is your breading
- Heat a pan with the oil in medium-high heat, add the tofu and coat with the breading
- Fry until slightly brown on all sides
This tasted really good with brown rice, btw.