What You Need:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chopped white onion (or red, but definitely not yellow)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa
What You Do:
- In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium high heat until browned, turning once.
- Remove bacon from pan, keep the oil in the pain, and place on paper towels.
- Stir water, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and caraway seeds into oil.
- Add cabbage, and stir.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add kielbasa to the pan.
- Cook, covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Crumble bacon over top, and serve soon-to-be-happy people!