What You Need:
- 1 Cauliflower Head
- 1.5 tbsp soft fat free cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Chopped fresh chives
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper if you’re feeling spicy tonight
What You Do:
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it up into medium pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add your chopped cauliflower in. Boil for ~5 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower immediately and place in blender.
- Add all the other ingredients and puree. Don’t overblend!
- In the end, your mashed “potatoes” aren’t going to be super hot (unless you overboiled your cauliflower, in which case, shame on you!). Remember that the more you cook and heat your veggies, the more nutrients you lose, so I personally enjoyed eating my mashed “potatoes” at this temperature so I could get all the cauliflowers goodness in it. But if you must, warm a serving up for 30 seconds, and you’ll be right at comfort food level!