What You Need:
- 2 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1 bottle Marinara Sauce
- 2 Anaheim Peppers, chopped
- 5-10 Ground Arbol Chilies (found in the *dried* pepper section of the grocery store), ground
- 1 Can Rotel Diced Tomatoes in lime and cilantro sauce
- 1 Pack frozen mixed veggies of your choice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Noodles of your choice (whole wheat to be healthy!)
What You Do:
- Bring pot to warm and start cooking the turkey with some oil. Use your cooking spoon to separate and cut up turkey into chunks.
- Add in the onions and garlic and cook for a few more minutes. The turkey should not be fully cooked when you add in these ingredients.
- As the turkey, onions, and garlic cook more, add in the annaheim and arbol chilies and frozen veggies. Keep stirring until turkey is mostly cooked and veggies start to look soft.
- Add the pasta sauce.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Avoid boiling of sauce by continually stirring.
- Cook noodles and serve sauce on top. This is a hearty pasta – more meat than sauce and quite delicious!